Saturday, May 25, 2013

Oslo at last!

May 24.  Chicago, how I love thee (from a distance).  Arrived at the airport 4 hours early and encountered very long check in lines in the international economy section.  So many languages and destinations, and so many folks having difficulty with flights.

When my turn finally came, the computer informed me it could not find my reservation.  Deja vu.  A roving agent evaluated my plot and sent me to another line, commenting that I owed $600 for some kind of tax.  Right!  Second agent also could not find me in the computer, though I stood with THEIR printed itinerary in my hand.  Momentary panic, fighting tears.  He kept tapping magic keyboard buttons until I was "found" and no, there was no tax.

My niggling concern: my harp and bag were lost somewhere in the system, but miraculously, they arrived IN Oslo when I did!  Lengthy delay in Chicago departure (stormy weather in Newark - uh-oh)    
meant a 20-minute run for the gate upon landing in Newark, only to find there was another delay for the outbound flight - whew, huge relief.  A. 3. Hour. Delay.

Anyway, I'm here at last!


1 comment:

  1. So glad you finally made it and the harp did, too! Reminds me of my sprints through Oslo Airport!

    ReplyDelete